This post will keep an updated list.
- When using VMware player 4.0.1 with a VM (XP) that is sitting on a NTFS filesystem, the system will be very unresponsive after a few minutes.
Solution: When you move the VM to an EXT4 partition, everything works.
- XBMC shows green dots or static during playback.
Solution: Change render method from "auto" to "Basic Shaders" or "Software"
- XBMC crashes at startup when using Gnome Shell.
Solution: Start in windowed mode and switch to fullscreen.
- When running from SSD the system freezes for a few seconds during heavy I/O (when copying files between SSD folders). When the I/O operation is finished, everything returns back to normal.
Disabling Gnome Shell (and forcing fallback mode) seems to resolve this problem.
Solution: set io scheduler to "noop" and not "cfq"
also, add these options to your ext4 mount options for root volume in /etc/fstab: noatime,discard
- The crypttab "timeout" option does not work.
Solution: Put your options in the 4th column and thus replace the second "none" keyword.
before: encr_dev_name encryp_dev_disk none none
after: encr_dev_name encryp_dev_disk none luks,timeout=5
see... very easy
- XFCE does not allow scanning when installing HP device using HPLIB
solution: install the Xsane package!